Friday, November 6, 2009

This week's Win/Loss Record

This week I made note of all of the win/lose scenarios that occurred. Below is a brief synopsis.

We shall begin with this week's victories
Wins
  • Correctly identified an item at a food sampling as one modeled off Top Chef Season 3 (Banana with chocolate sorbet topped with a single raw shrimp)
  • Burped out loud 5x at lunch
  • Discovered a lunch special of a Buffalo chicken tender wrap with chips and a bottled pop for $5 even
  • Successfully hinted to my managing editor that I will be leaving within the next two months
  • Managed to keep my mouth shut while a bum in Buffalo (with Turetts Syndrome) harassed us for money, muttering "money, money" (read in the tone of Gollum from the Lord of the Rings)
  • Restrained from pulling out all of my eyebrows. Please see Trichotillomania disorder
  • Remembered the name of the new Weezer song "(If you're wondering if I want you to) I want you to"
  • Watched my boyfriend get up fast from a couch only to immediately fall face down on the floor
  • Refrained from following on Twitter Gretchen, Kim and Tamara from the Real Housewives of Orange County and Atlanta
  • Stopped following Aneesa from the Real World on Twitter
  • Gave someone the thumbs down for driving wrecklessly
Losses
  • Failed to speak English after a coworker said "excuse me" while passing by. Instead I said something along the lines of "aarggghaw"
  • Misheard a coworker compliment my boots. When she said "Your boots are cute," I thought she said "You lose" to which I replied " Ha ha, Yeah I know."
  • Was assigned a story about a Mac Computer user group
  • While interviewing the User Group's president, the wife came on the phone and began interrupting everything he said
  • My graduate program advisor suggested changing my project's logo that I created because it resembles one of an Ad Agency as opposed to the business I'm working with (the Designated Drivers of Buffalo)
  • Went another week at work where someone still does not know my name, what I do, or even where I sit (my place of work houses only 64 people)
  • Was forced to use the bathroom at work to go "#2"
  • Forgot a lunch on Friday to work
  • Fell asleep before 10 on Thursday night after about 6 small cups of wine samplings and a single gin and tonic
  • Admitted to liking the new Britney Spears song "3"
  • Sported a camel toe while dressed as Beyonce from the "Single Ladies" video for Halloween
  • Realized I needed to use my upper lip hair removal creme while attending a benefit
Tune in for next Friday's Win/Loss Record!

No comments:

Post a Comment